Sunday, April 14, 2013

Crazy Thing called life….Embrace Spontaneity....






    It was a normal Saturday night and I share this room here at Pune with the most HEADSTRONG GUY* I have ever met in my life.That night Surprisingly he was in listening mode (so unnatural) and I was in a philosophical mode (which you develop the moment you see anybody younger to you listening to you), so a small conversation started.

    Bala: Hary, What do you think the purpose of life?

    Hary: Bala, I have been thinking of the same after shifting the room with you, and it has been a taunting thought which I am finding difficult to find a suitable answer for. What do you think of the same question. (He expected me to give a boring and lengthy answer but there was a seriousness in him).

    Bala: DUDE, I think there are only two things about which one can be very certain in life, Birth and Death. All you have to do is just to find a way to time pass in-between. So life is just a time pass between Birth and Death.(I said this with the flow without any thought but later we realized that would fit for the "perfect answer" we were looking for the "purpose of life")

    That small conversation left me with a deep thinking and made me to list out these crazy things one can do to "TIME PASS". Some of them I practiced, some of them I practice and some I wish to practice…..

  1. Treat people with courtesy and respect and involve them in all your crazy activities however bad they are to you. Eventually they will see  the point in you and join you.
  2. Start a virtual business, make them believe in your idea and give them a suitable position in that company like CEO, President whatever they want to be.
  3. Learn HTML and WEB designing….believe me you don’t have to be a computer programmer to do this…visit codeacademy, coursera websites they have easy guidance for novice…
  4. Lend a hearing ear to your friend who is in bad mood and needs a pep talk. Take him/her out and make them feel good.
  5. Tell your friend, "Let us make a movie using only our mobile camera" and move away when he starts thinking "you are really crazy" but still prove him wrong by making a movie on him.
  6. Get into a ugly fight and argument with your roommate and stop talking to him for months.
  7. Start abusing your house-broker for looting your money.
  8. Start doing exercise for a week and give free advise to your roommates like "you have trained ROCK in body building"
  9. Make cold coffee at room and offer it to your roommates (secretly wishing they do not want).
  10. Keep alarm early in the morning and do not wake up. On top of it wake your roommate from sleep and ask him to stop it. (It is good if the alarm is set at 4 am, 5 am and 6 am continuously and keep funny alarm sounds)
  11. Start preparing food with your own recipe when maid is on leave and feed them with the worst food they tasted in their life.
  12. Compliment your maid for her food (dirty minds be careful what you are complimenting for otherwise you will end up in jail). We have a maid, when I complImented her for her new earring, she was blushing and  started preparing nice food for us from next day. The other day I saw her using lot of oil in food (she uses 1 liter oil in 3 days) and I showed her my recent medical report showing "avoid oily foods". She said I will reduce oil. But to make her understand the seriousness of it, I said "Mousi, Mujhe Shaadi karna hai" (I meant I am not yet married so please use less oil in food). She gave a smile and continued with her work. Next day she complained to my roommate that " I asked her to marry" (Never thought wrong use of language would land me in such a trouble" But later I had to explain her "I have no plans of marrying her!!!")
  13. Start growing plants in the middle of the room and annoy your friend by telling them we need more oxygen in the room!!!.
  14. Start cycling with your friend and make him lose weight, in the process you too.
  15. Start swimming with your friend and make it a group activity.
  16. Start teaching to kids around your place and see the excitement in their face (Like they met Einstein …..it happens only if you are true and involved with them while teaching).
  17. Start drinking "Redbull" with other guys while they booze and start behaving crazily as though you have boozed…
  18. Start reading books completely not relevant to what you are doing currently in life and start discussing with your friends. Make them do the same….(I convinced the HEADSTRONG GUY to do that !!!)
  19. Bring delicious food and share it with your friend and when they say "No, I am dieting", tell them to do the dieting on your behalf, you eat on their behalf.
  20. Ask your friend to give his bike on rent and tell him a detailed explanation "why he has to put petrol on it"
  21.  Prepare to do list…strike out all the items when in actual you have accomplished only one task…repeat the same …..it has a psychological effect on your peers and friends when they see it….
  22. Stock Maggi and milk packets at room and sell it with 100% profit to your roommates when the shopkeepers go on indefinite strike….
  23. When your friend takes you for a treat order all the delicious and most costly foods in the menu and when served just taste a bit and say Dude just realized I am having a stomach update!!!
  24. Crack a joke and laugh on your own joke in-front of all your roommates, till they end up laughing with you.
  25. Commit to you friend for going out and end up not showing up there and not even call to inform them that you wont be coming.

NEVER EVER LOSE YOUR CURIOSITY AND CHILDISH CRAZINESS IN LIFE.... 


*(HEADSTRONG GUY - Before meeting him I thought I was the most headstrong guy in the world. He made me look so small at our first conversation and I was not so pleased to see "my personality inside him").

No comments:

Post a Comment